Why come to Bambini
- Perhaps you have had previous favorable experience with its founder, Dr. Malak
- You expect to enjoy the familiarity that a small group practice can bring
- You have a budding interest in complementary medicine
- You have received a vaccine schedule ultimatum at another practice
Why hold off?
- You need a practice with extensive weekend and evening hours
- You anticipate a need for extensive after-hours advice
- You simply prefer a doctor that tells you what to do and what not to do
- Your older daughter needs pelvic exams or frequent GYN care
Please note that, at this time, we are not making rounds at any local hospitals (including nurseries). Between working evenings, Saturdays, etc. -- we have had to recognize our limits. We generally refer children that need inpatient care to Vassar, but have sent children directly from our office to Albany, Westchester, and beyond.
It may be worth noting that our office is geothermally-heated. Moreover, in selecting furnishings, we were conscientious about limiting VOCs (volatilie organic compounds). Finally, to limit EMF (electromagnetic field) exposure to our patients and staff, we chose not to install a wireless network.
But with regard to charting, we have decided to hold off on electronic medical records. Although paper charting may not the "greener" way to go, we have concerns about third parties access to patient data, as well as some detraction from the doctor-patient relationship with current EMR systems.